Delivery Manager, Project and Portfolio Management, June 2015 to present
Think Project Solutions, Raleigh, NC
- Scoped and staffed delivery efforts, architected business solutions, managed client relationships, and monitored contract execution.
- Led the expansion of resource management capabilities to give managers actionable data on resource demand and capacity, enabling greater project throughput, realistic project staffing, and more project completions.
- Envisioned and implemented a lean demand intake and portfolio simulation solution resulting in reduced work-in-progress projects and increased overall portfolio value.
- Oversaw PMO effort to improve project scheduling and tracking accuracy, resulting in improved resource utilization, project forecasting capabilities, and portfolio insight in a Microsoft Project Server environment.
Senior Project Manager, 2014-2015
ImageSoft, Southfield, MI
- Successfully developed and executed an implementation roadmap to increase visibility and data accuracy within the project portfolio to improve project management maturity.
- Maximized organizational capacity through the implementation of a skills-based resource matrix and resource management program, additionally allowing for uncovering and addressing gaps between skills and demand.
- Client-facing project manager for an ECM solution consultancy; responsible for building relationships with local government and corporate clients, while managing remote development teams during multiple, concurrent agile and waterfall projects.
- Delivered a workflow solution to automate the compliance and collection activities associated with a government agency, resulting in significantly increased collection capabilities and a project payback period of less than 1 year.
- Delivered business process management solution for a government client to streamline public records requests, travel reimbursements, HR management functions, and financial operations.
Infrastructure Portfolio Manager, 2014
MetLife, Cary, NC
- Managed the selection, prioritization, and governance of the Engineering project portfolio, encompassing 400 projects with $250,000,000 in capital spend and more than $60,000,000 in labor spend.
- Collaborated cross-functionally with department leads to manage enterprise infrastructure and architecture initiatives, and facilitated annual planning efforts and the portfolio management lifecycle.
Project Portfolio Manager, 2012-2013
BB&T, Raleigh, NC
- Led initiatives to deliver portfolio and project process maturity improvements with the objective of executing the right projects, at the right time, with the right people.
- Modeled and piloted a project portfolio management solution representing a budget of over $130,000,000 annually, which included demand intake, scoring, prioritization, analysis, and reporting.
- Matured the schedule management practice and mentored colleagues on scheduling techniques and best practices, resulting in schedules that were used for what-if analysis, forecasting, and earned value measurement.
Senior IT Project Manager, 2012
Progress Energy, Cary, NC
- Led mobile development project to integrate external software products with a tablet application to enable technicians to conduct energy efficiency checks in the field.
- Led a successful upgrade and remediation project for the Carolinas Outage Management System, a business-critical software application. Project re-planning effort resulted in 15 percent cost reduction and 25 percent schedule compression.
- Delivered an emergency physical access system improvement to be used for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s Force-on-Force drill.
Enterprise Project Manager, 2009-2012
NC Department of Revenue, Raleigh, NC
- Managed a 30-person onsite and remote project team of employees, contractors, and vendors to decommission a software/hardware solution and replace it with a SaaS solution used to process over 25,000 high-dollar tax transactions per month, at a savings of more than $350,000 annually.
- Implemented demand management, resource management, scheduling, and business intelligence process, people, and system improvements used to monitor and control the Department’s highest visibility projects.
- Served as tools project manager staffed on the Department’s 4-year, $79,000,000 tax system replacement project. Early project wins resulted in collection increases totaling more than $10,000,000 annually.
Product Manager / Release Manager, 2006-2009
Swirl Mobile, Raleigh, NC
- Coordinated release content and effort, managed the release schedule, and measured and monitored progress for new product development offerings and service engagements.
- Developed product vision and maintained product roadmap for prioritization of new features and changes. Guided market launch of products by outlining value proposition, defining product differentiation, and enabling online marketing efforts.
Applications Team Lead / Project Manager, 2001-2006
Computer Sciences Corporation, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Collaborated with department leads to plan, prioritize, and monitor application infrastructure initiatives used to facilitate key contract execution.
- Managed the project and product backlogs, coordinated work streams, and led a team of tools specialists to deliver custom and off-the-shelf application solutions
- Led a cross-functional, virtual work team to successfully deploy a 10,000-person divisional portal. Business transformation efforts resulted in double the average company utilization.
- Spearheaded the effort to produce a workflow application used to control baseline procedure sets and assist teams with managing projects, eliminating the need for over 40 procedure repositories and costly multi-week training sessions for project managers.
- Product Owner / Business Analyst, Mobius Group, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Special Services Specialist, Charles Schwab & Co., Orlando, FL
- Financial Consultant, Smith Barney, Pittsburgh, PA