Hi, Shaun here.
No, not the soccer player. And not the children’s performer. Just Shaun Taylor, a 40-something father of two, residing in Raleigh, NC, where the weather is just too nice to leave. Although, as a warm-blooded Yankee, I find summers here exceptionally brutal (almost as brutal as our politics). While I’ve lived in this beautiful state for 15 years, I still consider myself a “Yinzer,” growing up in and around the Pittsburgh, PA area.
I work varying roles in project management, including planning, operations, delivery management, portfolio management, and product and release management, with a background in software development and financial management earlier in my career. My friends would call me technical, but I think of myself as a business-minded individual with an affinity for software and computers.
My personal time is stretched thin among various hobbies, interests, and entrepreneurial activities, but most importantly, I like to hang out with my kids, and be as hands-on as I can with their development and well-being.
I’m quirky, intelligent, sincere, relaxed, and driven.
Hobbies and Interests
Irons in the Fire
- Nought Eight Labs: I post my moble development projects here. I have games published on the Apple Store, Google Play Store, and Amazon App Store.
- Think Project Consulting: I’m the principal consultant of this Disadvantaged Business Enterprise.
- Oak City Elixirs: locally-sourced, organic drink mixers.
- Mountain biking
- Hiking and orienteering
- Scuba Diving
- Mobile application development
- Disc golf
- Internet marketing
- Board and video games
Memberships and Certifications
- US Masters Swimming (USMS), NC Masters Swimming Club (NCMS)
- International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA), Triangle Off-Road Cyclists (TORC)
- NAUI Certified Scuba Diver
- Certified Acidified Foods Operations Supervisor
- Lord of Glencoe, Scotland
- Ordained Minister at Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Church of the Latter Day Dude, and Universal Life Church
- Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity
- For work-related certifications, see my Work page or Resume.
In Google Play
- The Virginmarys
- Hanni El Khatib
- The Heavy
- Lord of the Rings series
- Donnie Darko: “Frankly, I’m beginning to doubt your committment to Sparkle Motion.”
- Vanilla Sky: “Tech Suppppooorrrtttt!”
- Shawshank Redemption: “Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.”
- The Big Lebowski: “This aggression will not stand, man.”
- Heat: “What am I doing? I’m talking to an empty telephone.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2: “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!”
- Big Trouble in Little China: “This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express.”
- Knocked Up: “I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles.”
- Game of Thrones
- Black Mirror
- Silicon Valley
- Rick and Morty
I read a fair amount of books. I used to keep a list of my favorites, but there are so many across so many topic areas, so I’ve just decided to keep a reading log. Go here to see what I’ve finished reading and placed back on the bookshelf.
Pet Peeves of the Moment
- Violation of our Fourth Amendment rights
- The Executive Branch of the US Government
Malted beverages that I’ve consumed recently
View my UnTappd profile. If you’re also on UnTappd, send me a friend request. One can never have too many drinking buddies.
What’s going on in my career
Favorite Jelly Belly flavors
- Strawberry Jam
- Sour Cherry
- Juicy Pear
- Sizzling Cinnamon
- Red Apple
- Green Apple
I put that sh!t on everything
- Chipotle paste
Games in rotation
- Titanfall 2